In this Episode:
Where do you go when you need to transition from a life of addiction to a life of sobriety? For some women, it’s the landing.
Today’s episode of Back Porch Chats features Haley Beason’s story of addiction and recovery. For so many, getting sober leads to a helping role in the lives of others wanting to end their relationship with addiction. That’s exactly the path that Haley took when she and her partner opened the doors of The Landing. Their sober living home provides a haven for women in recovery.
International Overdose Awareness Day is approaching fast. You can attend the event in Mobile, Alabama at Cathedral Square on August 31 starting at 5:30 PM. Join Lisa and us there to connect with others who have also suffered from drug overdose loss and to honor your loved one.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- How her addiction began with pain medications prescribed after a vehicle accident at the age of 14.
- Manipulating doctors and family to maintain her addiction.
- What her family did to enable her behavior and how it wore them down.
- The final experience that led to her sobriety.
- How recovering in a sober living home led to her establishing The Landing.
- What living at the Landing is like.
For more about The Landing:
To Find Out More About the International Overdose Awareness Day Event in Mobile, go to: