In this Episode:
For many of us, helping is part of our nature. We want to help our children and our parents as they age. and our partners. Unfortunately, sometimes our desire to help leads to more harm than good. That helping becomes enabling. Do you know when enabling becomes abuse? If you think that your actions have transformed from help to harm, this episode is for you. We discuss what it means to enable, the different ways that we do it, and the harm it can cause.
Highlights in this Episode Include:
- Definition of enabling and how it harms.
- The five freedoms by Virginia Satir.
- The selfishness behind enabling.
- The signs of enabling behaviors and how they become harmful.
- How stopping enabling becomes difficult.
- Why we do it.