In this episode:
Are you a perfectionist? If so, your need to excel could lead to relapse.
In this episode, Vince and Jeanna talk with Dr. Camila Williams, a mindset expert, board-certified psychologist, and cognitive-behavioral specialist who has specialized in the field of perfectionism, anxiety, and stress management for over ten years. The topic of today’s discussion is perfectionism and its role in addiction.
Other highlights in this episode include:
- Perfectionism as a result of freeze in the fight, flight, or freeze response.
- How people use perfectionism to control their environment.
- Perfectionism as a shield against emotional pain.
- Perfectionism and recovery from addiction.
- Shame as the core motivator for perfectionism.
- How 12-step programs can help release that shame.
- The emotional stages of recovery.
- How to know if a sponsor should encourage professional help for their sponsee.
About Dr. Camila Williams:
As a “Perfectionist in Recovery” and a mother of three, Dr. Camila understands only too well the delicate balance between the strive for excellence and crippling self-doubt. Working with her, perfectionists learn how to get out of their own way and break the shackles of self-doubt, limiting beliefs, and procrastination to truly live into their gifts and drive without always second-guessing themselves.
Dr. Camila Online:
Are you looking to